ten fun facts about me
Not only am I an adoptive mom and step-mom, I am also an adult adoptee and the child of a blended family.
I love being in nature, either walking, kayaking, hiking or biking.
I have been interested in nutrition and wellness for nearly three decades after growing up with multiple allergies, asthma, depression, and weight issues, most of which were resolved through dietary and lifestyle changes. In fact, my success resolving physical and emotional symptoms with food led me to return to school to study holistic nutrition.
My daughter developed food sensitivities as a baby. Together we spent nearly three years on the Autoimmune Protocol to help us heal from our various illnesses. Preventing her from growing up with progressive chronic illnesses has been a top priority for me!
I love yoga for coming back to myself and my body after a busy day or week.
I have a four year old and two step-children who are now young adults. Despite the age gap they are all crazy about one another!
I became an ambassador for Hike it Baby, a hiking group for families, when my daughter was a baby in order to build our own "village."
I love avocados. There are not many days where I don't eat at least one!
I grew up in a musical family and played the piano for many years as a child. As an adult I returned to lessons when my mother gifted me her piano.
I am always reading the latest research on my favorite topics: early development, health and respectful parenting. As a Parent Coach I am able to blend my professional background with these passions and offer you holistic support tailored to your unique family, child and circumstances.
Click HERE to visit the Contact page and click on the Let's Connect button to send me a note to request a FREE initial consult to see if we are a good fit for one another.
- Licensed Masters Social Worker, State of Michigan (License #6801069033)
- Distinguished Infant Mental Health Mentor, IMH-E® (Level IV), Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage, Infant Massage USA
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Certificate, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Post-Graduate Certificate, Working with Infants, Toddlers and Their Families, University of Michigan, School of Social Work
- Master of Social Work, Interpersonal Practice/Children and Youth, University of Michigan, School of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology with emphasis in Developmental Psychology, University of Rochester